Saturday 19 September 2015

Book Haul #1 | Fantasy and Fashion



Here is my very first book haul for this blog! Since I didn't buy that many books so far this month alone I decided to haul all my new books from August and September together. 

So first of all I have two graphic novels; In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang and Nimona by Noelle Stevenson. (If Noelle Stevenson's artwork looks really familiar to you its because she was also the illustrator for Fangirl's cover art and comic strip☺). These are my first graphic novels and I've already read and loved In Real Life. Both these books have really pretty artwork and some awesome female main characters.


Next I have two books that I got on a huge sale called ABC Treehouse sale where I paid €5 per kilogram of books. The two books I got from this sale were The Dress by Megan Hess and Fearless by Francine Pascal. The Dress is something I would never normally buy because it's wayyy too expensive considering its hardback with colour illustrations on each page but since it was on sale I had to have it. This book has the 100 most iconic dresses according to the author/fashion illustrator and they are so gorgeous, I couldn't stop staring at them.   



Fearless is completely different, a paranormal fiction book published in 1999 that I had never heard of before. The plot is about a girl called Gaia who was born without the fear gene, trained in all kinds of combat who is suddenly being targeted by terrorists. The plot sounds so intriguing and I can't wait to read this.

Next I have two contemporaries that I picked up, The Disenchantments by Nina Lacour and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin. The Disenchantment I bought because I recently read Nina Lacour's book Everything Leads to You which I absolutely adored so I had to try out more of her books. This is about a group of friends who are part of a band and travel across Europe for a year. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, I picked up because it is one of Ariel's (Ariel Bisset from BookTube) favourite books and she made a really cool scene reenactment from it during the BookTubeAThon this year.

Last but obviously not least I have Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. If you don't already know Queen of Shadows is the fourth book in Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass fantasy series which is absolutely incredible. I haven't yet gotten to reading this book yet but its really huge (this series just keeps getting more and more epic) and I'm not sure I can focus on it right now but I will definitely read it as soon as I have time to get completely immersed in this story.

Have you read any of these books or do you plan on reading them soon?

2 comments :

  1. Wow, I've never heard of a few of these books but they sound amazing! 'The Dress' is absolutely gorgeous and I'll definitely check out 'Fearless', it sounds like something I would enjoy :D
    I am actually reading 'Queen of Shadows' right now, and the Throne of Glass series is one of my top favourites. I'm only about 200 pages in so far (it's such a huge book!) but it's SO good already, you should definitely read it as soon as you have the time <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, the Throne of Glass series is so so so good! I'll try to read Queen of Shadows really soon promise :D And yes I think you would like Fearless, it has a great title and the story sounds super action-y and awesome.

      Delete