Sunday 22 November 2015

Mockingjay Part II | Movie Review & Reaction (*SPOILERS*)


Who decided it would be a good idea to turn Mockingjay into movies? Who decided to create these movies and then put them out into the world for innocent human beings to watch? Why? 


Mockingjay Part II. Was. Brilliant. Absolutely. Brilliant. This movie was perfect. (If you haven't watched it already I recommend a large supply of tissues and I wish you the best of luck). 

Let me start this review by saying that I did not like reading Mockingjay at all. I didn't appreciate the plot and the deaths and the ending. Even if you tell me that it's good because it's realistic...no, I disagree. However I absolutely loved this book to movie adaptation. It picked up where Part 1 left off and told the story so beautifully and accurately. Tears. Drowning in a waterfall of tears.

Can I take a second to mention Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawrence's acting in this movie because they were absolutely perfect. In the whole series of movies in fact but specially this movie. This movie made me sympathize with Katniss on a different level and it made me realize how hurt Peeta was, how kind he was and how much they both actually needed each other. I felt Katniss' anger so much because of how people were just using her and neglecting how much she has been through and how hard it is for her to be around all this war.


Josh portrayed hijacked Peeta so well it was actually terrifying to watch him. He showed the anger, confusion and the change in his character really really well. The scenes where he asks Katniss the real or not real questions and asks her to cuff him because he didn't trust himself...:''''''(
Jennifer has been a perfect Katniss throughout the series and in this movie she was just as perfect. Her voice at the opening scene sounds so raw and hurt and it was so hard to sit through. In the end where she shouts at Buttercup was the scene I was absolutely dreading and it was so so so so so so so so upsetting but acted brilliantly.

If there is one thing I can say that I disliked about this movie and also the two before this, it's that Gale's character doesn't feel the same as in the books. In the movies he is shown as really selfish and always jealous of Katniss and Peeta's relationship when in the books he was jealous yes but that wasn't his entire character. He was so selfless and cared much more about saving all the people in his district and ending the war.

Other than that I don't have any complaints at all. I actually can't remember any important characters or parts of the plot that were left out, even the smallest details were included in the movie and it stayed SO true to the book which just made it 10000000x sadder. The pacing was perfect and the soundtrack thingamabob whatever it's called was f a n t a s t i c! (That execution scene with Katniss walking into the courtyard area with the drums aahhhhh so many chills!) 

To end this review I think I should talk about the epilogue. I am so grateful to Francis Lawrence because he made the epilogue sequence quite happy (no scenes of Peeta still suffering from being hijacked and no waking up in the middle of the night because of nightmares..). Katniss talking to her baby about the games and nightmares and how she gets through was so emotional. (They included the quote where she talks about how there are much worse games to play

Basically I loved this movie for being so faithful to the book and concluding Katniss' story so well but simultaneously hated it for being so faithful to the book and breaking my emotions.




My rating:

Did you like Mockingjay Part II? What were your favourite/least favourite parts of it?





No comments :

Post a Comment